COM component implementing custom interfaces

Daniel Piñol Laserna dpinol at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:15:50 EDT 2002

>Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message >news:<3D24EA63.50105 at skippinet.com.au>...
> Daniel Piñol Laserna wrote:
> > Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote in message news:<3D2387EF.6020306 at skippinet.com.au>...
> >
> >>You need to check out the win32com\servers\test_pycomtest.py - this
> >>shows how to implement non IDispatch based interfaces.

> That is a sample, and requires the PythonCOM test harness to completely
> work.  So while you can probably not directly run the sample, you should
> be able to get enough out of it to make yours work.

It works! Thanks

I created my class from the win32com help documentation, where I
hadn't since any reference to the requirement of using
universal.RegisterInterfaces.
I understand the registering failed in your example because that TLB
didn't exist on my machine

universal.RegisterInterfaces('{4A5E2E81-C093-11d4-9F1B-0010A4D198C2}',
0, 0, 93, ["ICapeUnitEdit"])