distutils gcc unix

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Jul 27 05:12:07 EDT 2002

Thanks for your reply. I am having some difficulties setting the CC
environment variable, probably due to some peculiarities of our Unix
system. But if I solve that and set CC=gcc, would distutils know about
it? I would think that distutils would choose the compiler options for
the regular cc compiler, but substitute gcc for CC when the actual
compilation starts, thus ending up with the wrong compiler options. Or
am I missing something here? Does distutils check for the CC environment
variable?

Thanks again,
--Michiel.