w32: python ddeserver / excel

klemens zwischenbrugger zwiskle at vol.at
Sat Jul 27 19:55:18 EDT 2002

Hi,

i have to wite a python program, wich delivers results of a
serival-interface read via dde. ( well, thats the way it is. I DON'T
want to change DDE (DDE is evil, I know) to somewhat else, becaus that
will end in  work * 10^X )
I've used excel as dde-client.

anybody get them running ?

I can start a DDEserver oin Python, and I can start a ddeClient in
Excel. But seems not to fit; or any idea how to debug this stuff ?

running currently win2k, activestate python 2.2; using lib 'DDE' for
server and 'excel 97' for client. (in the end, a VB program will be
client; but for moment, excel is evil enought.)

takk.

.klemens

--
klemens zwischenbrugger