could not import mod_python.apache

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Mon Jul 15 23:37:57 EDT 2002

* Michael Hoffmann <mh at esh-online.de> [2002-07-15 21:16 +0200]:
> "Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote:
> > * Michael Hoffmann <mh at esh-online.de> [2002-07-15 16:39 +0200]:
> > > Hi,
> > > I've the folowing Error when I try to run my pythonscript:
> > >
> > > make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
> >
> > You could try to fix this manually: the directory lib/python/mod_python
> > in the mod_python source distribution should go into the site-packages
> > directory of the Python you compiled it against.
>
> Hi Gerhard,
> but I've used the original RPMs from SuSE ...

I wouldn't be surprised if these were broken. IIRC SuSE had a seperate
RPM called python-nothreads or similar that is required by mod_python. I
can't really help much, as I don't use SuSE any more. But my suggestion
to ask on the mod_python mailing list still stands.

If you have indeed installed both the mod_python and the python-nothread
RPMs and you're getting this error, then the SuSE mod_python RPMs are
most probably buggy. I suggest building both from source yourself, then.

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 17.7 °C      Wind: 2.8 m/s