Problem with installing PyQt!

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jul 18 08:29:33 EDT 2002

zhao wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your help. I run "python setup.py install" in
> c:\python22\tools\idle and it install the library in "build\lib\idlelib"
> and "build\lib\idlelib\Icons", but a Error appears:
> file 'idle' does not exist. What happened?
> Why should we run the command "python setup.py install"?
> Can you write the process step by step? (sorry)
> I try to convert .ui file into .py using 'pyuic example.ui -o example.py',
> but an empty file was generated. why?

I am not sure how PyQt should be installed on Windows nowadays -- it's
been about half a year since I last touched a Windows computer -- but I
am sure you are installing from the wrong directory. Idle is part of Python
proper -- you should run "python setup.py install" using the setup.py file
in the pyqt directory instead -- the directory where you unpacked the PyQt
zipfile.