XML overuse? (was Re: Python to XML to Python conversion)

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jul 18 07:11:40 EDT 2002

[James Kew]

> Should I feel guilty for not learning lex/yacc?

No.  These are for C programmers, and you should not have to program C to
be happy!  However, if you live in a Python world, it is not bad that you
put a similar Pytonish tool in your pocket, one of these days!

> Or should I rejoice in my batteries-included (or at least,
> batteries-downloaded-from-SourceForge) pragmatism?

If you feel comfortable and happy with XML, then XML is quite OK.
As long as you resist turning into an XML frantic fanatic, you know,
those recognisable by the foam at the mouth, you're safe! :-)