Using Python for processing of large datasets (convincing managment)

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Tue Jul 9 02:12:01 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:
> > I'm a little scared though about using SQL too extensivly.
>
> Joe Celko's "SQL for Smarties" might be just what you need to move you
> to the next level of SQL usage (or, to turn you off it for life,
> depending:-).

Philip Greenspun's SQL for Web Nerds

   http://philip.greenspun.com/sql/index.html

is pretty good (at least for non-SQL-whizzes like me) and has a
reasonable amount of info on performance tuning and optimization.

One thing I remember about Oracle is that prepared queries really
help.  I don't know about other database.  But if you're not using
them, you probably should give them a try.