sorting many arrays from one...

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jul 10 06:38:09 EDT 2002

Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:

> Shall I repeat it once more? I think that the call overhead should be
> perhaps better optimised, and if it seems difficult, I would like to
> know why.

you have the full source code, like everyone else.  I suggest
starting in the docompare() function in Objects/listobject.c...

if you find some small change that would cause a major speedup,
try it out, and post the patch if it seems to work.  if you suggest
that we throw away what we have and start over from scratch,
please bring lots of food and money to the party...

</F>