[snake-farm] Broken build system as of 2002-06-04

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jul 9 10:49:49 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Anders Qvist wrote:

> [...]
> However, I can reproduce the error manually on my local Linux box, so
> it's not likely to be directly related to the scripts.

Yeah, yeah, finish reading your email :)

I've proposed a fix to python-dev (I'd have just checked it in, but I
don't understand why the code doesn't do what I'm proposing anyway, so I
may have missed something).

At any rate, it should be fixed by tomorrow.

> "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
> will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks
> to the Internet, we know this is not true." -- Robert Wilensky

Do you really need an explanation of why this is bogus? :)

Cheers,
M.