win32com: makepy causes ie problems.

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Jul 18 21:50:24 EDT 2002

While trying to figure out how to make the recently posted (by Paul Rubin)
ie navigation example work, I had occasion to run makepy.py on "Microsoft
Internet Controls". After doing this, the sample would fail on "ie.visible =
1". Removing the generated file would return the sample to working order.

Sample:
from win32com.client import DispatchEx
import time

ie = DispatchEx('internetexplorer.application')
ie.visible = 1
ie.navigate('http://www.w3.org')

time.sleep(2)	# let the browser get to it, but sloppy - how to wait on
browser ready?

dom = ie.document

I'm also interested, as the comment suggests, on how to wait for a browser
to finish navigating before I query it's state? Come to think of it, is
there any way to get back an error status like <ahem> "403"? :)

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA