distutils gcc unix

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Jul 29 11:50:39 EDT 2002

> Perhaps you didn't set the variable correctly?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

I tried 'set CC=gcc', and also 'setenv CC gcc', on the Unix system. In
both cases, distutils ends up using cc anyway. This is with tcsh. On my
Unix system, there is a file called CC in /usr/bin that is a link to a
compiler. Could that be interfering with distutils? I would guess that
CC and $CC are different to distutils, and therefore the CC link would
not cause problems. If it does, I'll try to convince my system
administrator to remove the link.

--Michiel.