ANN: PyYaml 0.22

Clark C . Evans cce at clarkevans.com
Tue Jul 30 23:44:27 EDT 2002

summary: >
    YAML(tm) is a straightforward machine parsable data serialization
    format designed for human readability and scipting languages.

where: >
    http://yaml.org/python/PyYaml_30jul2002.tgz

details:
  - now parses in-line mapping and sequence collections (A5/A6)
  - now has support for timestamps (D4), optionally with mxDateTime
  - integrated with the testing suite contributed via the Ruby binding.
  - includes a first stab at a ypath language (./TestingSuite/ypath.yml)

credits:
  - Steve Howell is the primary author of this distribution
  - WhyTheLuckyStiff has contributed an excellent set of test files

notes: >
    This is still "alpha" quality software, but that said, I'm
    personally using it in a production environment since my data
    set is limited to those features that are well tested.

    The ypath stuff is actually kinda neat, it it completely independent
    of the yaml serialization format and works on native in-memory
    map/list structures.   This is a experiment and will be toyed with
    over the next few months, and then formalized as a specification.

--
Clark C. Evans                   Axista, Inc.
http://www.axista.com            800.926.5525