announcement

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sun Jul 28 17:55:46 EDT 2002

Uwe Schmitt wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hi,
>
> in order to become acquainted with wxPython I developed a
> programm which facilitates the drawing of resistor nets,
> and is able to compute associatied electrial values.

Very nice! It might also come in useful, as I plan to do a
graph-drawing app in wxPython, too.

One correction for rnetgui.py:

try:
    from win32api import RegOpenKeyEx, RegQueryValueEx, error
    from win32con import HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, KEY_READ
    key = RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,r'SOFTWARE\Ziarc',0,KEY_READ)
    homepath=RegQueryValueEx(key,'Path')[0]
#except error:
except Exception, reason:
    homepath=os.path.abspath(".")

I replaced the "except error:" line to get it running on Linux.

You might want to do a

try:
    from win32api import ...
except ImportError:
    # ...

to check wether the win32 extensions are available, which on
non-Windows system, they usually aren't ;-)

Cool work. It also looks polished.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930