Console Installation

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Jul 30 17:38:44 EDT 2002

* Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> [2002-07-30 17:23 -0400]:
> [Mathieu Belanger]
> > [...] Is there a console installer that don't have to be
> > interactive??  I've search for that everywhere and didn't find
> > anything!
> >
> > All our PC run WinNT4.
>
> I really don't know.  Here are the docs for the command-line switches
> the PythonLabs installer purportedly accepts [...] If that
> (particularly /S) doesn't do the trick, I'd suggest contacting
> ActiveState. [...] Or you could try the more minimal PythonWare
> installer,

Installing a standard Python 2.2.1, then copying the python22.dll from
the Windows system directory into the same place as python.exe, then
zipping the whole thing up and unzipping it on the client machine(s)
works fine for me.

For better automation, a self-extracting executable or just wrapping it
with NSIS should work fine. But I'm not in that stage, yet. I was only
testing if this works with my target platforms (NT4SP6 and W2KSP2) at
all. Another plus is that you can easily add additional modules that way
(PIL in my case).

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930