Python script that writes to an Excel file

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sat Jul 27 11:51:33 EDT 2002

In article <Xns9258A220994F5cliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82>,
Chris Liechti  <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote:
>keilj_33 at yahoo.com (Jeffrey Keil) wrote in
>news:67f6bbe5.0207270544.696f6076 at posting.google.com:
>
>> Greetings:
>>
>> I'd like to have a Python script open a text file, process the data in
>> the text file and then write a report to an Excel file. I'm not sure
>> how I would write to an Excel file from a Python script. Is there any
>> books that would give me details on doing this?
>
>you could use COM. but i think its simpler to write the output to a text
>file again. use tabs to separate columns and name it .csv - excel will
>autodetect the format and load it correctly.
			.
			.
			.
Excellent advice--that is, it's the best *I* know.

Excel apparently has several formats it's willing to recognize.
The CSV you've described is only one, but it's the easiest to
recommend.  I don't have confidence in any of the others.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net