Pyrhon language dedicated Wiki

Jean-Claude Wippler jcw at equi4.com
Wed Jul 10 14:44:18 EDT 2002

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net> wrote:

> From all I've read on the subject by Ward Cunningham (Wiki inventor) and the
> advocacy pages on TWiki.org, it takes time, pages and a willingness to
> promote in order to get people to start using a Wiki. Even then, use starts
> off gradually and then starts to build.
>
> One example of promoting is adding (what you hope will be interesting) pages
> and then announcing them on c.l.py: "Today I added the start of a great
> article on threading - come, take a look and add your comments!" (that one
> ought to at least get a comment out of Aahz ;)).

It's a mindset issue.  Get three people together, then four, then five,
and just do it.  Fill pages, create lists, set up a page of who's who,
of conference info, of little tricks and treats, of companies, whatever.
Ignore the naysayers, and don't think about how "important" it is.

Oh, and don't fall into the trap of debating how to improve the wiki :)

It worked for Tcl, it'd be grand to see it work for Python too.

-jcw