netCDF in 2.2

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed Jul 17 12:50:44 EDT 2002

On 17 Jul 2002, Brian wrote:

> wadebk at nswc.navy.mil (Brian) wrote in message news:<57fe7929.0207120253.37865e70 at posting.google.com>...
> > I'm a relative newbie in Python and I can't get netCDF to work under
> > 2.2 on Windows.  I found a .pyd file that makes it work under 2.1
> > (scientific_netcdf.pyd), but it doesn't work under 2.2.  Does anyone
> > have the equivalent version of this file or another easy solution?
>
> I can't believe that nobody else has run into this before.  Please, if
> someone knows how to do this tell me.

Have you tried the netCDF mailing list? netCDF isn't exactly ubiquitous,
so it shouldn't be too surprising that the intersection of c.l.py readers
and netCDF users is close to zero. ;-)

Where did you get the .pyd that works with 2.1? Maybe whoever built it has
or will build you one for 2.2. Or do they at least make available the
source code (so that you or some kind soul could build you a new .pyd)?
Give us some more details and then maybe we can be of more help.

Have fun,
Dave