Linux clock-setting script

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 7 19:20:16 EDT 2002

Paul Rubin <phr-n2002b at nospamnightsong.com> wrote:
> I found Simon Foster's nice little SNTP client on the ASPN Cookbook
> site and adapted it to set the hardware clock under Linux:
>
>  http://www.nightsong.com/phr/python/setclock.py
>
> I find it pretty useful for adjusting my computer clock every
> now and then, without the hassle of setting up a real NTP system.

Thanks for the pointer, Paul.  Exactly what I needed.  Do you know any pure
shell script that does the same thing?  I don't have Python installed on
every machine.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin