Linux clock-setting script

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 9 22:34:21 EDT 2002

Chris Gonnerman <chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net> wrote:
> I use chrony for time maintenance.  If your computer has intermittent
> Internet access (i.e. dialup) it is hands-down the best way to do it
> IMHO.
>
> If this package has already been mentioned, sorry... I haven't followed
> this thread closely.
>
>    http://chrony.sunsite.dk/
>
> Off-topic since it's C, but I love it.

I've seen it, but it's a tarball which you have to download and compile.
Whereas, 'netdate', 'ntpdate', and 'telnet 13' are ready to run on all
Linux distribution.  I have DSL connection, so I run it once a day in
Crontab.  If you dialup, then you can run it from '/etc/ppp/ip-up'.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin