Lives of programmers

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Jul 26 12:54:32 EDT 2002

Jonathan Hogg <jonathan at onegoodidea.com> wrote previously:
|Hmmm... over 18 years, about 2/3rds of my life. Never thought of it that way
|before. I don't recall ever intending to be a computer programmer...

Hmmm...  I guess about 24 years of programming, if you count diddling
around in middle school.  About 20 years of actually getting paid money
to do it.  So that's somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of my life, either
way.

And I have these graduate humanities degrees to *prove* that I never
wanted to be a computer programmer :-).  (Actually, I'm not...  I'm an
"applied metaphysician").

Yours, David...

--
mertz@  | The specter of free information is haunting the `Net!  All the
gnosis  | powers of IP- and crypto-tyranny have entered into an unholy