Simple HTML classes

Gerhard Haering gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Jul 24 14:19:42 EDT 2002

In article <ahmpsn$k6i$2 at peabody.colorado.edu>, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:
>
>> We need a bunch of light-weight HTML classes to build web pages -
>> especially forms. These will work with the CGI module so that the forms
>> related classes are bi-directional.
>>
>> Before we start writing them them, I was wondering if anyone had done
>> anything similar or there was a module I'd overlooked.
>>
>> I can't believe this hasn't been tackled before.
>
> Random, quite possibly wrong shot: have you looked at HTMLgen?

AFAIK it only implements HTML 3.2.

> I've used it for simple stuff and seems quite nice, but there may well be
> a million reasons why it doesn't fit your problem.

This looks cool, btw.: http://www.nextapp.com/products/echo/ It's a
higher-level library for creating HTML, using the paradigms of traditional
GUI programming. It'd be cool if there was something similar in Python, so
I could check it out without touching Java at all ;-)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0