Problem using py2exe

Harvey Thomas hst at empolis.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 12:12:56 EDT 2002

I've got a program that works fine, when run using the Python interpreter, but when I convert it to a Windows exe using py2exe, I get the following traceback:

  File "<string>", line 96, in ?
  File "<string>", line 77, in main
  File "apex.pyc", line 219, in apexopen
  File "codecs.pyc", line 499, in open

Line 219 of apex.pyc is:
        return codecs.open(fn, mde, 'utf8')

I guess I need to force py2exe to read something it can't pick up automatically, but I can't work out what the something is.

Any help appreciated

Harvey