better 'splice' function

gyromagnetic gyromagnetic at excite.com
Wed Jul 17 17:49:18 EDT 2002

Thanks John and Sean for the pointer. I guess I didn't follow that
particular thread.

My problem is slightly different in that instead of a mapping of a
single tuple to a value, I will have a list of tuples, and want to
enumerate all of the possibilities.

So, for your example posting

 x = ( 'John', 'Hunter', 'where' )

map:

  m = {
       'where': [('was', 'here'),('was not', 'there')],
       'somekey': 'someval'
      }

I'd like

y = [('John', 'Hunter',  'was', 'here'),
('John', 'Hunter','was not', 'there')]

I'll take a look at the many clever solutions that were proposed and
try to modify them accordingly.

-Brad