what's up with 'patterns'?

Guyon Morée gumuz at looze.net
Wed Jul 3 10:00:24 EDT 2002

actually, i am re-writing my 'instant messaging server'. i first made a
draft to check out how this socket-stuff works and now  am re-writing it
completely in objects. it's cool and all, but i feel the need of good
'pre-design' as i'm walking into walls sometimes which requires me to
backtrack a lot.

i hope 'patterns' can help me in solving these problems.

thanx,

guyon