good books -- Python Essential Reference by David Beazley

Michael Gilfix mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu
Tue Jul 23 17:44:51 EDT 2002

  In fact, if you have considerable experience with other programming
languages, then you can use the Essential Reference as a cut-the-crap
means of quickly learning Python. I did this myself and I found that
the book delivered everything I needed to master the language and get
a feel for its style. This may not be desirable for others who want
to hear about the glory of OOP and its uses, etc., but I found the
book to be fantastic. Definitely one of the better books I own.

                      -- Mike

--
Michael Gilfix
mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu