Leo 3.1 Bugs

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Tue Jul 30 11:14:15 EDT 2002

> Font Dialog:
> Leo windows won't change to selected font unless one of (bold, italic) is
> clicked after the new font is selected.

Double-clicking the font name also selects the font.

This behavior is due to a non-existent option in the Tk ListBox class.
AFAIK it can't be fixed until the Tk ListBox class is improved.

Fredrik Lundh discusses this at:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x5453-patterns.htm

"Unfortunately, the listbox doesn't provide a command option allowing you to
track changes to the selection. The standard solution is to bind a
double-click event to the same callback as the OK (or Select, or whatever)
button. This allows the user to either select an alternative as usual, and
click OK to carry out the operation, or to select and carry out the
operation in one go by double-clicking on an alternative."

If anyone knows of a better solution I'd like to hear about it.

> Color Picker:
> Reverts to color in use before choice is made - i.e. user's new choice is
> ignored. This was seen on the 'keywords' picker at least.

I'll look into this.  Thanks for reporting it.

> Would be nice if the log window could be disappeared when not being
used/not
> wanted.

You can resize it to a very small size by dragging the separator bar.  You
could also try the Toggle Split Direction command...

> It would be nice if ?untangled? code was written a bit prettier. It might
> not generally be intended to look at, but then again, I don't forsee a
need
> to send out tangled code...

Do mean code in the derived files?  For code reviews, publishing, etc. you
can use the Remove Sentinels command in the File-Import & Export menu.

> N.B. Leo on SF doesn't allow posts by unregistered users.

Is registering a problem?  I don't believe comp.lang.python is the
appropriate place to discuss all SourceForge project that happen to be
written in Python :-)

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines