global interpreter lock not working as it should

Michael Gilfix mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu
Wed Jul 31 10:33:58 EDT 2002

  Out of curiosity, did you get this description from David Beazley's
Python Essential Reference, under the threading section? While the
book is absolutely fantastic, it's description of threading can be
a little misleading and directly quotes what you were getting after
here. Or perhaps it's in the py documentation - I haven't looked.

                      -- Mike

--
Michael Gilfix
mgilfix at eecs.tufts.edu