Newbie: Zope Formulator TALES question

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Tue Jul 2 08:41:29 EDT 2002

Kevin Chambers <ng at larrycurlymolingo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use the Formulator TALES functionality to change the default
> value of a field object for every record in an sql result set that I'm looping
> through with tal:repeat.  Just putting in this_record/FirstName, as I would do
> in tal:attributes="default this_record/FirstName", doesn't work.  I've also
> tried variations on python:here['FirstName'] with no luck.

> Is there any way to get this to work, or should I just make my own fields to
> get this kind of functionality?

This is not really the right forum to ask this question; try the
Formulator mailing list:

Anyway, changing the default you wouldn't usually do with the TALES
tab at all, instead just pass an argument from the code that renders
the fields:

<field tal:replace="myfield.render(mydefault)" />

is the most simplest case of that.

Regards,

Martijn