try/finally question

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Thu Jul 11 02:49:07 EDT 2002

In article <7x3curfhcb.fsf at ruckus.brouhaha.com>, Paul Rubin
<phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com> writes:

[about signals interrupting a finally block]
| More generally though, this seems like a deficiency in Python.  In
| Java I believe that this issue can be solved by a synchronized object,
| but Python doesn't have those.

at least the sun jvm seems to just ignore signals and dies of natural
causes if you hit ctrl-c.

i am not sure it would feel right to me if a finally block would
change how signals are handled. on the other hand the asynchronous
nature of signals is pretty much gone already in python.

  -- erno