Creating Subclassable Objects??

Pete Shinners pete at shinners.org
Wed Jul 3 12:36:54 EDT 2002

I've been trying to 'update' some extension objects for my python modules.
I couldn't find any documentation on this, so I've been trying to follow
along from the other object sources inside python.

At this point you are able to subclass the objects, the problem is they
just don't work. If my new class has an __init__ method, it seems i cannot
properly instance the objects (since it needs some args). If i don't have
an __init__ method, i can instance the new class, but none of the new
methods i add to it work (AttributeError).

Anywhere I can look to get all the steps in place?