compiler package

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 12 08:59:28 EDT 2002

  >> Has anyone used the compiler package to compile Python source
  >> code to other languages? Is there anything to get started?
  >>
  >> Thomas

I haven't and the package doesn't provide anything other than some
front-end tools.  The primary focus of the package is to provide a
pure Python bytecode compiler.  The AST it uses would certainly be
helpful for other projects.  It's possible, also, that it's IR would
be useful for high-level analysis.  (The IR is almost identical to
bytecode, which is itself somewhat abstract.)

Jeremy