What does "Sparse is better than dense" mean? (Python Zen)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Jul 11 12:54:54 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
[snip long discourse on holy war topic]
> I suspect we'll have (at best) to agree to disagree on the
> specifics of this.

Yes, this is probably Python's version of the "where do I put the { and
} holy war", as you haven't managed to convince me at all; I prefer linebreaks
after ':' and indentation for blocks, no matter how small they may be. My
eyes do trip over the other variety and leave me with a feeling of
frustration.

The other Python holy war topic is tabs versus spaces.

More than one way to do it can lead to holy wars, apparently. :)

Regards,

Martijn