Using Python for processing of large datasets (convincing managment)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 6 12:28:01 EDT 2002

Thomas Jensen wrote:

> However the CEO (small company, told you :-), made a couple of somewhat
> valid points against it.
> [...]
> I was hoping someone in this group could help with some really
> compelling arguments, as I'd really to use Python for this job.

If you email me offline I'd be happy to give you details from my
current employer's extensive use of Python as a highly reliable
and effective tool, and how it has never been an issue that
developers who know Python before they start working with it are
not as common as weeds.

(The offer is open to anyone, by the way.)

(Thomas, I assume null at obscure.dk.X is not a valid email address. ;-)

-Peter