Tkinter vs. wxPython

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Fri Jul 19 09:06:28 EDT 2002

The full API doc of wxWindows is provided with the Windows distro of
wxPython, as well as the list of wxWindows objects available with wxPython.
You just need to translate from C/C++ to Python !
Look at the code provided with the demos and sample. It's quite simple.
There are so many great widgets provided by wxPython you don't have with
Tkinter.

--Gilles
glenfant AT bigfoot DOT com

"Gabe Newcomb" <Gabe.Newcomb at noetix.com> a écrit dans le message news:
mailman.1027027317.26378.python-list at python.org...
Ack!
I've been trying to get into wxPython, but I'm finding the lack
of documentation difficult. There's some, and I'm very grateful for
everybody who's contributed it, but I'm somebody who really likes having
a decent reference and more examples.

My question is this: is there any compelling reason I shouldn't just go
with Tkinter instead? I work (for now) exclusively on Win32 boxes, by
the way.

Thanks all,

Gabe