OT (maybe): Shareable Mail

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sat Jan 26 10:50:30 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Sheehy" <justin at iago.org>

> Not that I know of.  There are some commercial issue-tracking
> systems out there that will run on NT or 2K as a server
> platform.  I don't know of any software at all that will run
> well using win9x as a server platform.  <1/2 wink>

Actually I didn't say "well"... :-(
...never expect that from windows...

> What are these folks using as their mail server?

Their ISP.

In other words, neither customer has their own local mail
server.  Only my largest customers have such.  I am located
in a rural area.  Most of my customer base are small
businesses.

I realize that many list members work or consult (are they
always the same thing? :-) for multinational corporations,
and are unused to dealing with customers with more limited
resources.