trace.py and coverage.py

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Jan 3 14:03:36 EST 2002

    zooko> 2.  We consider merging the best features of these two tools and
    zooko>     replacing the standard distribution's trace.py with the new
    zooko>     merged tool.

In the long run I think you'll be better off basing a code coverage tool on
Jeremy Hylton's compiler package.  During compilation you generate
per-module counters that are incremented at the beginning of each basic
block (not just one for each line) and save the correspondence between each
counter and its location in the code.  At exit you dump the counts into a db
file of some sort which can then be post-processed into an annotated code
listing.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)