Overcome ADHD, alcoholism, and other Addictions

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Sat Jan 5 15:32:17 EST 2002

David in VA <sendspam at someplaceelse.com> graced us by uttering:
> drjacobs at medstaf.uchsc.com says...
>>
>> Do YOU need help or know somebody who needs help
>> with any of the following addictions?
>>
>> alcoholism
>> drug addiction
>> smoking
>> ADHD (attention hyper deficit disorder)
>
> Wouldn't that be AHDD?

Hmm. An advertisement that can't even describe its target audience
correctly... Sounds _very_ professional. Perhaps he'd have had better
results if he'd said "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder"
instead.

>> sugar or carbohydrate bingeing
>> PreMenstrual Syndrome,(PMS)
>
> Since when was PMS an addiction?  Not thats scary!

I've seen it being abused (ie, being used as an excuse), but even that's
not quite an addiction, is it?

=)

Tim Hammerquist
--
Part of language design is purturbing the proposed feature in various
directions to see how it might generalize in the future.