What does Python fix?

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Thu Jan 17 19:42:10 EST 2002

Paul Jackson wrote:
> Does someone have a simple explanation of why such
> top posting is bad form?  I don't like it either,
> but I am unable to articulate why I don't like it.

I personally don't mind top-posting.  It beats the hell out of someone who
lazily quotes pages upon pages of text and then says at the bottom, "Yeah, I
agree."

IMHO, there are no hard and fast rules on how best to participate in a
thread, but here are some general ones:

	o Try to be mindful of your reader's attention span.
	o Try to provide just enough context (whether before or after).

;-)

// mark