Python is just as good as C++ for real apps

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at ion-tof.com
Tue Jan 29 14:31:54 EST 2002

"Aahz Maruch" <aahz at panix.com> wrote in message news:a36q6c$j7f$1 at panix2.panix.com...
> In article <a36j1b$15eigm$1 at ID-59885.news.dfncis.de>,
> Thomas Heller <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote:
> >
> >What would you think about python plus raw pointers included?
> >The ability to create/manipulate C-type structures in Python?
> >
> >This is a toy project of mine, it would at least allow to wrap
> >C interfaces in python, without a compiler.
>
> Isn't that what Inlining does?

No, exactly the opposite (if you are talking about PyInline).

PyInline builds C code callable from Python (with building an
extension and compiling it with a C compiler dynamically),
I want Python code to create complicated C-type data types
(structures, unions, ...) and pass them to C code via a
calldll-like mechanism.

Thomas