Q: Installing Pmw/ ActivePython 2.1/ Win98

Johannes Eble skywalkerpackage at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 07:58:30 EST 2002

Now it seems that I have found the answer myself.

I have installed Pwm in the site-lib directory.
The problem is that the site-lib directory is not included in the
Pythonpath. The Pythonpath is set in the Windows registry (search for
Python). If you include it there then Pmw seems to work. There doesn't
have to be a module Pmw.py. Python must just find the path \Pmw and
the __init__ file in that path. The error message "Cannot find module
Pmw" is very misleading here.

ByeBye

Johannes

don't reply by email.