MD5 checksum for a file ?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Thu Jan 24 03:03:22 EST 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 03:39:17 +0100, Gerhard =?iso-8859-15?Q?H=E4ring?= <gh_pythonlist at gmx.de> wrote:

>Le 24/01/02 à 01:04, Courageous écrivit:
>>
>> >Somebody have a sample script to make a md5 from a file or to check if the
>> >md5 is equal ??
>>
>> Somewhere on the net there is a C version of this that is really blazing
>> fast. I used it a while back. Written directly on top of the RSA implementation
>> or some such.
>
>Yeah, I know. It is GPL'ed, though. As a training project for learning
>Boost.Python, I wrote a C++ version that uses OpenSSL's hashing
>algorithms, among which are md5 and sha:
>
>    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/VitaminP/index.html

There is a non-GPL version by Peter Deutch of alladin.com which
just requires acknowledgement and carry through of notices.

There are others too.

I made a c++ class out of it, which is handy to use. I used that
to make an ls-like utility that lists md5's and file paths, optionally
recursively through directories. It's fairly fast.

My point is, there is non-GPL code out there ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter