JavaScript considered harmful

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Tue Jan 8 11:46:35 EST 2002

"Andrew Kuchling" <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote in message
news:3dg05gdclu.fsf_-_ at ute.mems-exchange.org...
> Personally, I'd implement with cookies.  Newer user agents have the
> flexibility to allow cookies for some domains and reject them for
> others (but does IE, which is the 900-pound gorilla here?), so

Yes, with IE (since 4 I believe, but definitely for 5 onwards) you
can classify domains in various categories (general/trusted/
restricted) and implement different security policies for each.

Of course, I'd bet that far less than 1% of IE users even KNOW
about that, much less are fluent enough to USE this feature:-).

Alex