Exception in complete_* functions. Completetion errors

Benno benno at benno.sh
Sat Jan 5 02:26:34 EST 2002

After resisting python2 for a long time I've finally switched so I can
use the complete_* function in the cmd module. Just one problem I've
had with this and was wondering if there was a way around it.

If my complete_*() function has an error in it, it will fail silently
rather than providing me a nice traceback. Is there a good reason for
this? (It would be rather striaght forward to fix.)

Secondly, is there a way to disable readline's default completion? If
I return an empty list from my complete_*() function I don't really
want readline offering up all the files in the cwd as possible
completions.

Cheers,

Benno