Python on Tandy Model 102?

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry at attbi.com
Mon Jan 14 19:58:21 EST 2002

On 14-Jan-2002 Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Sean> You need the interpreter plus at least 3 modules.  This has always
>     Sean> been my biggest complaint about python -- I can not really write
>     Sean> code without using a from or import statment.
>
> How would the code size decrease if those modules' contents were
> automatically imported and their symbols added to builtins?
>
> If it's that big a bother to import a specific handful of modules, just
> write a sitecustomize.py module that achieves the effect you desire.

you miss the point.  I have copied a perl binary onto a boot disk.  This would
never work with python, it requires to much supporting cast.  It was the only
reason I used perl on that project.

As a language nit, I never liked that I could not do simple command line
argument parsing without first importing sys.  But that is not the point of my
earlier message.