c2py.py 0.0.1

Issac issac at myfirstlink.net
Wed Jan 2 01:42:33 EST 2002

> This is a script to partially automate conversion from C/C++ to Python.
>
> It's not totally automatic for much the same reasons that you might want to
> change a program over to Python in the first place.

OK, so that's not exactly true.  I change some things to Python for many reasons
other than the not-so-nice syntax of C and especially C++.

Still, the semantic ambiguity of C/C++ declarations (such as pointers being
used as references, array begginings, and linked-list beginnings) makes it
daunting to write any kind of conversion utility from these languages.

The script only translates easy things.

Issac

---