CGI POST Method...

Laurent Szyster laurent.szyster at q-survey.be
Sun Jan 20 20:55:38 EST 2002

Sheila King wrote:

> OK, never mind...I found the answer to my question (finally).
>
> From Programming Python, 2nd ed. by Mark Lutz, page 725:
>
> [SNIP]

HTTP is a stateless protocol. The only way to "send" data
to the form is to send it with the form itself: there's no
form object instance on the client keeping the form state.

Not obvious when you first look at it ;-)

Of course you can use Java applet or an ActiveX component
to do that, but it's causes more problem than it solves: now
you have to maintain coordination of states between
the client and server applications ... the very thing that
can make client/server programming a nigthmare.

Laurent