pickle compatibility

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 15:37:59 EST 2002

If I pickle a Python data structure into a file, then move that
file to a different machine (with perhaps a different operating system,
different CPU, and running a different version of Python), will
the destination machine be able to unpickle the file correctly?

Does it help if I only use built-in objects?

Also, is there some serialisation format that Python uses that
is standardised so it can be read by non-Python programs?

--
===== Philip Hunt ===== philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk =====
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,