Build a help system for a Python application

William Annis annis at biostat.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 10 08:51:08 EST 2002

Martin Franklin <martin.franklin at westgeo.com> writes:

> I use HTML for my help files and a little html viewer (based on the Tkinter
> Text widget I found inside the PTUI tool (check the vaults)  This is OK for
> basic help but does not support images.....

        Hmm.  I did basically the same thing, ripping out certain
dependencies, and moving some classes into the file so that the help
system fit into a single .py.  I also made some changes to how the
fonts worked, so a little more HTML actually works.  I use it in my
Mom.v3 code.

        Perhaps we should compare notes, and make the thing public.
Several people have asked for small, simple HTML viewer for on-line
help.  It might even be pretty simple to make images work.

--
William Annis  -  System Administrator -  Biomedical Computing Group
"When men are inhuman, take care not to feel towards them as they do