DBI possibly bogus error message

Lee lee at jamtoday.com
Tue Jan 29 15:57:52 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:16:00 +0000 (UTC), Andy Todd
<andy47 at halfcooked.com> wrote:

>May I suggest you check out the DB-Sig (http://www.python.org/sigs/db-sig/)
>and the associated Database topic guide
>(http://www.python.org/topics/database/).
>
>On those pages you will find pointers to a number of Python modules that
>allow you to directly access Oracle. The two that I have used are cx_Oracle
>(http://www.computronix.com/utilities) and DCOracle2
>(http://www.zope.org/Members/matt/dco2 - although there may be a more up to
>date reference at zope.org)
>
>Once you see how easy it is to get Python talking to Oracle you will never
>go back, trust me ;-)
Wow. I got the cx_Oracle module from computronix. Works slick as a
whistle. I love how easy it is to bind local variables to a cursor.
Logging on via "name/password at tnsname" isnt too tacky either.

"Rick, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship".