DCOracle and lobs

Sam news at slygirl.net
Wed Jan 16 16:44:28 EST 2002

Hi,

We have an OCI C external routine (which takes as its argument a blob)
that
does the following:
- reads the blob into a data buffer; transforms the data buffer
- creates a call-duration temporary clob to store this newly
transformed data
- returns the temporary clob to the calling program
- this routine does not call OCIDescriptorFree() or
OCILobFreeTemporary()
>From sqlplus, we call the routine as: "select transform(output) from
table".
After the query results are displayed, the temporary lob cleans up w/o
us
having to exit sqlplus. However, when we run the same query from a
python script that uses DCOracle, the temporary lob doesn't clean up
until the database session is disconnected.

Since the temporary lob is created with call duration, it should clean
up by itself after the OCI call, but it doesn't.  Any insight into
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sam